Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Book Review: The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan

Image (c) Roc
The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan
Release Date: March 6th, 2012
Book Format: Library Book
Rating: Five stars
India Morgan Phelps--Imp to her friends--is schizophrenic. She can no longer trust her own mind, because she convinced that her memories have somehow betrayed her, forcing her to question her very identity.

Struggling with her perception of reality, Imp must uncover the truth about an encounter with a vicious siren, or a helpless wolf that came to her as a feral girl, or neither of these things but something far, far stranger...






This book is written from the main character's point of view- India Morgan Phelps (or, as she's nicknamed, Imp). You follow a little inch of her life that centers around the people that she meets and the painting that follows her til the end- The Drowning Girl.

This is one of those books that is difficult to describe because it's so hard to explain the beauty of this book. The author wrote it in such a way you honestly have to experience in order to really understand it. I found myself charmed by its words and I didn't want it to end.

This book might not be for everyone, though. It's a nice read, but that doesn't mean you won't find yourself tearing up once in a while. It pulled at my heart and there were times that I wanted to cry for Imp. There were times where I found myself wanting to experience what she experienced and, in a way, I felt sort of envious (yeah, I know, envious over a fictional character) but I guess that's a good thing since that would mean that meant she was so well written that she felt like she was a real character.

Read it. It's good.

Originally posted and shared on January 4th, 2014
 



No comments:

Post a Comment